| Development Tool : DSK&EVM |
The Digital Video Evaluation Module (DVEVM) enables developers to build start immediate evaluation of DaVinci™ processors and begin building digital video applications such as videophones, automotive infotainment, digital still camera's, streaming media, IP set-top boxes, video security systems and digital video products that have yet to be invented.
The Digital Video Evaluation Module (DVEVM) allows developers to write production-ready application code for the ARM and provides access to the DSP core using DaVinci APIs to begin immediate application development for the TMS320DM6443 and TMS320DM6446 digital media processors.
The DVEVM includes the MontaVista 2.6.10 Linux Preview Kit and MontaVista GNU development tools. In addition, with demonstration versions of the H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, ACC+ and G.711 codecs, developers are able to benchmark and evaluate performance parameters. And, the DaVinci software infrastructure with its powerful APIs and software frameworks is integral to the DVEVM.
The many connectivity options of the DVEVM can accommodate practically any peripheral device or configuration alternative. USB 2.0, a 10/100 Ethernet interface and video input/output port are included on the DVEVM. The daughtercard connections on the DVEVM give developers the ability to rapidly deploy various configurations for prototyping purposes.
- Software :
- The DVEVM includes three demo's and the ability to run five different codec combinations.
- The demo's are :
- The five codec combos are:
- Video and Audio decode
- Video and Audio encode
- Simultaneous Video decode/encode
- Multimedia APIs and frameworks
- H.264 BP and G.711 audio decode
- H.264 BP and G.729AB audio
- H.264 BP and AAC audio decode
- H.264 MP and AAC audio decode
- MPEG4 SP and JPEG encode
- Linux development tools
- MontaVista 2.6.10 Linux support package
- MontaVista GNU development tools
- Connectivity :
- Connectivity capabilities: USB 2.0, 10/100 EMAC
- Multiple on-board memory types: CompactFlash, ATA, SD, DDR
- Video input via NTSC/PAL
- Video output via NTSC/PAL and YPbPr/RGB
- CD-quality audio input and output
- Daughter card connections to most peripheral interfaces
- Hardware :
- TMS320DM446 DaVinci™ processor-based development board
- NTSC/PAL video camera
- LCD screen, speakers and microphone
- IR remote
- Hard disk drive (2.5-inch 40G)